SCS Consulting Policies and Rates
- The Statistical Consulting Service normally provides advice on research
design and analysis for free to York faculty, students and staff,
with the exceptions noted below.
- However, York faculty who have research grants are encouraged (and, for
long-term consulting, expected) to compensate SCS for these services.
It is expected that faculty members who anticipate more extensive statistical
consulting or data analysis assistance will include funds for these services
in their grant budget.
- External clients are expected to pay for consulting services.
Often, an initial consulting session is provided gratis to help
determine the client's needs and level of support required.
- Data entry and data processing services can often be arranged
for a fee through the Institute for Social Research.
Please contact David Northrup
to arrange for a discussion and quotation for such services.
- Likewise, clients whose needs go beyond normal consulting
availability may arrange to hire an available faculty, staff
or graduate student consultant on a fee-for-service basis.
- All such paid consulting will be billed to the client by
ISR on the basis of information submitted by the consultant
The following consulting rates have been set.
Non-overhead rates apply to holders of research
grants and contracts for which overhead is paid separately to
York University in some means (e.g., NSERC, SSHRC, MRC).
Overhead rates apply in all other cases.
Old rates ( seems like overhead was 60%)
|Faculty || $75 ||$120
|ISR Staff || $50 ||$80
|Graduate student || $30 ||$50
|Faculty || $100 ||$160
|ISR Staff || $80 ||$130
|Graduate student || $40 ||$65