Pay Equity provisions in Collective Agreement
Full text of the 1996-99 collective agreement
The following are provisions in the current collective agreement that
relate to pay equity:
Article 25: COMPENSATION
- $650,000 for faculty pay equity adjustments as per
attachment 1 retroactive to July 1, 1995.
If the parties are unable to agree on the distribution of these
monies, the matter will be referred to Kevin Burkett as an
arbitrator under the collective agreement for resolution.
- For women faculty who retired between January 1, 1990 to June 30, 1996,
a lump sum one-time only amount of $2,700 per person will be credited to each
person's generic research account effective July 1, 1997, unless
they apply for payment in cash before June 30, 1997.
Attachment One to Collective Agreement
Incorporate the pay equity settlement of 14 September 1995 in Librarians.
For active women faculty employees as of 1 July 1996, distribute base
money, pursuant to the following method:
- Identify women eligible for compensation as those whose pay, on
1 July 1995 was:
- $2,500 or more below the male line, regressing pay only on years
since first full-time teaching appointment and a variable
to identify Alternate Stream faculty
- $2,500 or more below a male line, regressing pay only on age
and a variable to identify Alternate Stream faculty,
- $2,500 below the male line in (i) above when relevant
previous experience is credited (see
- To identify women who might be eligible in (a)(iii) above, information
on potentially relevant previous experience is to be obtained by
means of telephone interviews conducted
the contract by ISR, as included in
the agreed-upon questionnaire, including:
Different information will be collected for: faculty with w
graduate degree; faculty with an undergraduate but no graduate
degree; and faculty without a university degree. The parties
agree to implement YUFA proposal for crediting relevant
- part-time or full-time teaching in educational institutions
of various levels. Only for members of the Faculty of
Education will elementary and high school teaching be
- research work;
- employment in business or profession;
- professional creative activity;
- other work experience relevant to the present academic position.
- In allocating the total amount of compensation to individual women,
we affirm the principle that the proportion of the anomaly to be
compensated will increase for larger anomalies.
- Measure to prevent recurrence of gender anomalies to be settled.
C: Pay Equity Plan
The Parties agree to post and sign a pay equity plan for professional
librarians and faculty when the exercises are complete.