Re: Label Centering in EPS-graph export files

Tue, 20 Jan 1998 07:48:54 +0000 (GMT)

Ralf Herold wrote:

> Dear fellow S-Plus users,
>
> labels (e.g., x axis numbers) in graphs (e.g., scatter plots) exported
> using graph.export() to an ExportType="EPS" file are unexpectedly not
> centered under the respective tickmarks, but shifted to the right. This
> occurs with adj=0.5, automatic or manual axes definitions, (ghost) viewing
> or printing, with or without LaTeXing, S-Plus 4.0/SP2 under Windows95.
> Also, changing "par" settings of font, adj (!), las, or cex dont change
> this. Similarly exported windows meta files or the splus graph windows are
> ok.
>
> Could You help, please?

This is a bug introduced in the release (the `pre-release' was OK).
Hopefully they will `unfix' it soon.

For now, use postscript() to get an eps file (it is better quality,
anyway), or convert the wmf. (I believe that the free program PageDraw
can do that.)

Brian Ripley