RE: Problems with Hmisc-library

John James (jjames@mathsoft.co.uk)
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 11:28:23 -0000

Martin, You must have S-PLUS 3.3 (not 3.1) to have access to add.menu.item.

Regards

John James

MathSoft International

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Sieger [SMTP:m.sieger@bfarm.de]
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 1998 12:28 PM
To: S-news@utstat.toronto.edu
Subject: Problems with Hmisc-library

Dear Splus users,

I have the following problem concerning the installation (or use) of the
'hmisc'-library (from the
S/Dos Windows section
of statlib). I'm using Splus 3.1 for windows.

After unzipping the hmisc.zip file in the library section of the spluswin
directory and
spluswin as:
assign('.First.local',function() {invisible(library(hmisc,T))},
where='C:\\SPLUSWIN\\s\\_Functio')

I received the following error message:

>Error in .First.lib(lib.loc, section): couldn't find function "add.menu.item"
In addition: Warning messages:
[.factor redefined to drop unused levels of factor variables when
subscripting.
To prevent this behaviour, issue the command options(drop.factor.levels=F). in:
.First.lib(lib.loc, section)
Dumped

Maybe this might be trivial, but I don't have any idea what to do...

Thanks in advance,

Martin Sieger.

* Martin Sieger

email: m.sieger@bfarm.de
* Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices (BfArM)
* Section of Biostatistics
* Seestr. 10
* 13353 Berlin
* Germany