Re: [S-News] running splus 4 in the background on a pc

Stephen Weller (sweller@statsci.com)
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 15:56:28 -0800 (PST)

Dear Mr. Kalyanam,

You need S-PLUS 4.0 Release 3(Revision Date: 1/8/98) to run batch jobs
minimized. This feature of BATCH was not working correctly in earlier
versions. You can get the latest release from:
http://www.mathsoft.com/splus/splsprod/update2.htm

To run the batch job minimized you need to add some switches to the
command line of your Splus icon shortcut(under the 'Target'
specification). This is mentioned in the Release Notes(readme.txt):

* It is now possible to minimize the progress dialog while a BATCH
job is running by specifying the command line as follows:

.../Splus.exe /BATCH_PROMPTS progress:min /BATCH infile outfile

|-----------------------------------------------------|
| Stephen Weller |
| Mathsoft |
| Technical Support |
| Tel: (206) 283-8802 |
| Fax: (206) 283-8691 |
| email: support@statsci.com |
| |
| See the S-PLUS 4.0 Frequently Asked Questions: |
| |
| http://www.mathsoft.com/splus/splsprod/splusfaq.htm |