Re: [S] Re: Generalized Linear Mixed Models

Kutsyy (kutsyy@umich.edu)
Wed, 04 Mar 1998 08:57:19 -0500

Than what you want is called "Generalized Additive Model" or GAM, where
effects could be fixed, random or smoothed (loess, spines, etc.). Splus
command is
gam(...)

There is some help available from Splus.
janey@utstat.toronto.edu wrote:

> Hi
>
> In my original post I inquired whether anyone knew of a Splus
> program that would do generalized linear mixed models. I was
> looking for a program that was similar to the SAS macro 'glimmix.sas'
> that allows both random and fixed effects in a generalized linear model.
> Everyone pointed me to Vince Carey's GEE function but this isn't what
> I wanted.
>
> Janey

Vadim Kutsyy
kutsyy@umich.edu