RE: [S] Importing data from Excel spreadsheets

McDonough, Tim (Tim_McDonough@amrcorp.com)
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 07:45:54 -0600

------ =_NextPart_001_01BD5986.AC2284B0

In Excel I usually "save as" a *.csv file that I then import into
S-Plus. Because there is no preset filter in the file type list for
*.csv you have to use the *.* filter.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Campbell [mailto:M.Campbell@dial.pipex.com]
Sent: Friday, March 27, 1998 7:12 AM
To: s-news@wubios.wustl.edu
Subject: [S] Importing data from Excel spreadsheets

Is anyone else having a problem importing from spreadsheets? I am
running S-PLUS v4.0 release 2 and Excel 97 under Windows NT v4 service
pack 3. I can read data from a spreadsheet but if I then try to open it
again in Excel, Excel just hangs. (I usually close Excel before
importing data.)
=A0
The only way round the problem seems to be to quit S-PLUS before
starting Excel again. This is a bit tedious!
=A0
Michael Campbell

------ =_NextPart_001_01BD5986.AC2284B0-- ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This message was distributed by s-news@wubios.wustl.edu. To unsubscribe send e-mail to s-news-request@wubios.wustl.edu with the BODY of the message: unsubscribe s-news