Re: [S] Importing data from Excel spreadsheets

Andrea Brown (abrown@credit.erin.utoronto.ca)
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 09:01:55 -0500

Yup! Not only importing, but I've found that while generating graphs,
S-Plus will "perform illegal action" and shut down. I've been told that
it's because I am limited in RAM. I've got 32M, but that is a minimum
requirement. I don't even try to have any other programs running while
working in S-Plus. Yes it is very tedious. If you have more RAM than I
do, I don't know what else could be the problem.

Andrea Brown