RE: [S] Possible Statistical Enhancements to S-PLUS

McDonough, Tim (Tim_McDonough@amrcorp.com)
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 16:59:22 -0600

------ =_NextPart_001_01BD59D3.FC11E4E0

Time series stuff: functions used in Box-Jenkins type analyses (i.e.
ARIMA)
Limited Dependent Variable and Duration models (trancated/censored
models)
Lag models
Discrete dependent variable models like multinomial logit and
multivariate probit

I know that most if not all of the above are already implemented, some
within the basic library, the rest as user-defined functions. As a
novice S+ user it would be nice to get thoroughly weaned from SAS PROCs
and DOS applications like LIMDEP without having to search through all of
the many S+ function libraries out there in the information jungle to
find them.

Thanks for asking Charlie.