Re:[S] Possible Statistical Enhancements to S-PLUS

Alberto Murta (amurta@fc.ul.pt)
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 23:37:28 +0200

At 09:24 31-03-1998 +0200, you wrote:

>Dear Charles Rosen
>
>I would appreciate the inclusion of multivariate techniques that I use
>for vegetation analysis, most notably:
>
>1) Local and global nonmetric multidimensional scaling.
>2) Correspondence analysis (with options for detrending and nonlinear
>rescaling of gradients.
>3) Twinspan (two way indicator species analysis).
>

>Thanks for asking
>
>Rasmus Ejrnfs

I believe lots of people in ecological research use TWINSPAN very often, and everybody is still dependent of the old 1979 fortran program written by M.O. Hill. The inclusion of TWINSPAN would be a really great enhancement to S-Plus.

Cheers

Alberto Murta

Alberto G. Murta

Institute for Marine and Fisheries Research (IPIMAR)
Department of Marine Resources (DRM)
Avenida Brasilia phone: +351 1 3010814
1400 Lisboa fax: +351 1 3015948
Portugal e-mail: amurta@fc.ul.pt