Re: [S] Quadratic programming in S-plus

Doug Martin (doug@statsci.com)
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 16:26:55 -0700

At 06:46 PM 4/13/98 EDT, andrey@utstat.toronto.edu wrote:

>Hello S-Plus users!
>
>I am working on some statistical algorithms that require the use of
>quadratic programming methods. Does anyone know how I might incorporate
>such methods within S-Plus? Any pointers to software and related items
>would be most appreciated!

MathSoft will "soon" begin beta testing a comprehensive new optimizer
with LP, QP, and general nonlinear programming, with an AMPL-like
S-PLUS interface. I will quantify "soon" in a week to ten days.
Meanwhile, we are interested in determining a number of beta test
sites for both the NT/Windows and UNIX platforms.

Doug Martin