Re: pay equity

Ellen Baar (baar@yorku.ca)
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 17:30:36 -0400 (EDT)

Georges:

When I went back to the original document dealing with senior hires this
is what I found:

Gender differences in tenure-stream faculty
salaries at York based on 1990-1 salary data concludes that the
gender gap is much higher at higher levels than at lower
levels..., and much of the gap at higher levels is caused by a
predominantly male highly-paid group who pull up the male
average. This group consists mainly of members who were hired
directly at a senior rank instead of moving up through the
ranks....[S]ince the group of faculty members hired at the full
professor level has but 3 women out of 69, this route to high pay
appears essentially closed to women.

Did I tell you we are meeting on May 6 from 3-5. Can you come?Has Paula
asked you to run the librarian data? Ellen

Ellen Baar office: (416)736-2100 x77110
Division of Social Science, fax: (416)736-5436
York University
North York, Ontario, M3J 1P3 home: (416)961-1497