[S] Re: Plot axis dimensions in v 3.3

Steve Bousquin (sbous@lamar.colostate.edu)
Sun, 03 May 1998 10:02:02 -0600

Re my previous message, I thank respondants for several clever
suggestions, but my goal is not to place text within the graphsheet area
(I want to make the caption in WordPerfect), nor to move the individual
plots within the graphsheet area.

The goal is to get the 2 "extra" plots to look identical (same size and
relative axis dimensions) as the plots on previous pages, which are 12
to a sheet; and to have the sheet itself sized so that there is no
empty space between the 2 plots and the bottom of the sheet. The reason
for this is to be aable to place my caption immediately below the
plots. The caption can only be placed at the boundary of the image
(that is, the edge of the S-plus graphsheet).

I have tried playing with the win.graph height dimension, but this does
not want to be set at less than 3. I have tried plotting the extra 2
plots as

win.graph(height=3)
par(mfrow=c(1,4))
plot(x,y)
plot(x,y)
plot(x,y,type="n",axes="F",xlab="", ylab="")
plot(x,y,type="n",axes="F",xlab="", ylab="")

(thanks to Madeline for the "empty plot" idea)

. . . but the fact that the height is set to 3 makes the relative axis
dimensions of the plots different from those on the previous sheets
(they are almost square instead of rectangular), and this seems to be
automatically determined to fill the space of the graphsheet.

sbous@lamar.colostate.edu ============================================== ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This message was distributed by s-news@wubios.wustl.edu. To unsubscribe send e-mail to s-news-request@wubios.wustl.edu with the BODY of the message: unsubscribe s-news