Re: [S] \pi on x-axis

Joseph Collins (collins@arl.mil)
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 09:22:37 -0400 (EDT)

With UNIX S-PLUS 3.4, an approach that may yield the desired result is:

x <- seq(0, 2*pi, length=100) # x data
y <- sin(x) # y data
x.x <- seq(0, 2*pi, length=5) # x tick positions
x.s <- c("0", "p/2", "p", "3p/2","2p" ) # x tick labels

plot(x, y, type="l", xlab="", ylab="", xaxs="s", yaxs="s", axes=F)
axis(side=2, font=13)
axis(side=1, at=x.x, labels=F)
mtext(side=1, font=13, at=x.x, text=x.s, line=1, adj=0.5)
printgraph(file="demotrig.ps")

Does this work in WIMPland?

I would like to know, since we may be forced to `upgrade' eventually :(

Joseph Collins
Mathematical Statistician
US Army Research Laboratory
e-mail: collins@arl.mil