Re: [S] Potentially serious bug in S-PLUS 4.5

David O. Nelson (daven@llnl.gov)
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 12:03:19 -0700

Indeed it would have been nice (not to mention professional on the part
of Mathsoft) to be warned of this, as I spent a day beating my head
against
the wall trying to port some WORKING S code from Unix to S-PLUS 4.5,
chasing discrepancies between predict.glm() in the two systems. As it
was
my first experience with S-PLUS for windows, the conclusion that I drew
was
to be very careful about recommending S-PLUS to anyone but the most
patient
of programmers. I thank Prof. Ripley for alerting us, and am thinking
(somewhat
wistfully) of sending a bill to Mathsoft for my wasted time.