Re: [S] Reading Epi Info files

Charles Kincaid (Charles.Kincaid@kellogg.com)
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 09:51:08 -0400

Hello,

The way to do this is to export the data as another file. One is to
export as a SAS file, read it into SAS to create a permanent data set, and
then use sas.get to read it into S-plus. This is the long way and only
useful if you need the SAS data set. The other is to export as a comma
delimited file (can't check it now, but I'm sure it's there). This can be
read with read.table very easily (use sep="," argument).

Good luck,

Chuck Kincaid

Subject: [S] Reading Epi Info files
Author: Steve Roberts <sroberts@PICR.man.ac.uk> at BC_INTERNET
Date: 6/30/98 12:50 PM

Hi,

Quick question: Anybody got a nice mechanism for reading Epi Info files
into S-plus?

They are ASCII files and could be hacked, but it is non-trivial and
error-prone... Or I could download Epi Info and see if it can write out
a friendlier format - but I don't speak Epi Info!

Anything easier before I reinvent wheels?

Steve