[S] SUMMARY: 95 % Hightest posterior density region

Shyh-Forn Guo (guo@calshp.cals.wisc.edu)
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 09:38:01 -0500

Thanks to Kevin Brand,Dave Krantz and Jim Robison-Cox.
I have forwarded all your replies to Ruby Chang.

For those who are interested with the same question, I make
a brief summary and attach their original mails in below.

95% HPD region:
1, If the density is symmetric and has only one peak (like normal):
quantile(posterior,c(0.025,0.975)) can do the job.
2. If the density has a known form like Beta:
Dave provides us a function to do it.
3. For other form unknown distributions ( not symmetric and has
more than one peaks), build a function is necessary. A function
for general case is not available yet and this is what Ruby interested.
There is no option in CODA to do this either.

Reagrds,
Shyh-Forng
----