RE: [S] Warning: GUI Spreadsheet editor full of bugs

Olsen, Norm (OlsenN@pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca)
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 12:32:23 -0700

I followed Bert Gunter's procedure exactly as he stated but encountered no
errors. The dataframes showed up in the object browser and on the command
line, complete with the columns containing NAs. I'm using S-PLUS 4.5
professional, release 1, running on Windows NT 4.0.

Having said that, I also think that the new GUI stuff is terrible. Far too
complicated and unintuitive. I'm gradually switching over to R. Not only
is R free but it offers greater performance (I've seen some of my code run
approximately 10x faster under R than under S-PLUS).

Norm

==================================
Norm Olsen
Stock Assessment Division