Re: [S] loading C code function on Irix 6.5 UNIX system (2nd query)

Stephen Weller (sweller@statsci.com)
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 14:55:25 -0800 (PST)

Dear Dr. Lee,

It looks like you are doing everything right syntactically. I think that
you are having problems because you are running on IRIX 6.5, which we
don't support as a platform for S-PLUS 3.4. You may want to try
downloading the IRIX 6.2 patch that is available on our ftp-site. I
believe that Erika Burianek, another technical support representative here,
gave you the address to download the patch from. If this is not the case,
let me know. After upgrading your system, try it again. If this doesn't
work, you will either need to run Splus on an older version of IRIX(6.2),
or wait until we have released S-PLUS 5.0 for Irix, which should be
available around the end of the year. This new version will be built on
the latest version of IRIX. We currently don't have a IRIX 6.5 machine
available in-house to test this on.

Sincerely,

|-----------------------------------------------------|
| Stephen Weller |
| S-PLUS Technical Support Engineer |
| Mathsoft Inc. |
| Data Analysis Products Division |
| Tel: (206) 283-8802 |
| Fax: (206) 283-8691 |
| email: support@statsci.com |
| |
| See the S-PLUS 4.0 Frequently Asked Questions: |
| |
| http://www.mathsoft.com/splus/splsprod/splusfaq.htm |
| |
| For this month's Splus tech tips, see: |
| |
| http://www.mathsoft.com/splus/techtips.htm |
| |