Box, Jim (box00002@onyx.dcri.duke.edu)
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 14:04:19 -0500

Thanks to everyone for the help.

The key is to not even worry about the .tpt, as Steve Dubnoff pointed
out:
"Enter *.ssd01 in the txt box press enter and you will get a list of
.ssd01 files. Select the one you want.

"The import code auto-senses the SAS version, byteorder and so on when
it
reads the file.

"It is funny they did not put the option on the menu -- If they don't
nobody will know it is there."

Although I found it works best to select "Files of Type: SAS
Files(*.sd2)" and then type * in the File name box. The SAS dataset
then comes through with no problem.

Why is it that *.ssd01 is not a choice on the data import screen?

Again, thanks for the help.