For test 2 part 2, April 9th 8.30am-9am CLH C
Of course everything from the previous tests still holds. In addition be expected to
- Know what free and bound occurrences of variables are and where this is important (which axioms theorems it is needed for etc), how to do contextual substituion, what are and aren't expressions, and our new inference rules (New Leibniz). You will not be asked for definitions, however you will be using this stuff alot.
- Know how to form predicates, types, and from here how to turn an english sentence into one in precdicate logic.
- Know how to give bullet proof of theorems like those in Chapter 9. Remember in these cases all of the methods we have seen up until now can be used, but remember some of them now have restrictions (e.g. the deduction theorem for predicate logic)
- Know how to MANAGE TIME. The test is only 30 mins long.
- Know how to prove that in a given UD, a given expression evaluates to either true or false.
Stephanie van Willigenburg