Information of project for MATH6651/PHYS5070A/MATH4141
- Each project group has three person.
- Set up your group before/on Oct 24 (or Email me, before/on Oct. 24).
Meanwhile, your group needs to consider the topic of your project.
- Topic for your project: You need to search a journal paper of over
(or two papers of total over 20 pages)
on new methods (not taught on class) or applications related to
one area of Optimization Methods and
Numerical Methods for ODEs. OR I can pass one topic to your group
with papers, if your group can not find one.
- Determine your project topic of your group before/on Oct 31.
Discuss with me
if the papers
you found are acceptable for your project.
on Oct 31 and Nov. 2.
Note: Last day of fixing your project topic will be November 2.
- You will read and understand the papers and orgonize
into a report.
- I will evaluate your project based on your
report (see below, specially, including Section 6 of two pages)
and a 15 minutes presentation of each project, and your answers to the questions
that I will ask during your presentation.
- Due before/on Nov. 16, 2017. Presentations will be held on Nov. 16.
- Report of the project (limited to 12 pages at least, letter-sized papers,
not more than 14 pages,
typed), (and attach the hardcopy of the original papers you use), includes
- 0 Your names
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Problem description
- 3. Numerical method
- 4. Theoretical results
- 5. Numerical resutls
- 6. Your numerical comparisons and application examples
that you do by the method and other methods taught on class, OR your
improvment on the methods and the theoretical results.
- 7. References