MHonArc is a Perl
program for converting e-mail messages as specified in RFC 822 and
MIME standard to HTML.
MHonArc can perform the following tasks:
- Convert MH
mail folders or UUCP/Unix style mailboxes into an HTML mail archive.
- Add or remove messages to an existing HTML mail archive generated
- Convert a single message to HTML.
Along with these tasks, MHonArc provides the following:
- A main customizable index for mail messages archived.
- A customizable thread index listing messages by thread.
- Control over message formatting.
- The ability to hook in your own custom message filters.
Here are some reasons for using MHonArc:
- You want to keep organized archives
of mail messages and/or news articles for a World Wide
Web (WWW) server; complete with live hypertext pointers
to their authors and to any url's mentioned.
- You would like to control the layout of mail/news archives to
keep a consistent style to your WWW pages.
- You have MIME messages that you want to include in your archives.
- You have a WWW client, but no MIME mail reader. MHonArc
will allow you to read MIME messages that includes images, audio,
video, etc via your Web client.
- Multi-platform support: Unix, Windows, MacOS, etc. Basically,
MHonArc should be usable
on any platform that Perl has been ported to.
- You think the MHonArc logo is really cool, and it deserves
to be used.
- You like Perl, and you want to see what it can do.
- Just cuz.
MHonArc will run under systems systems with Perl 5 installed.
The latest information on MHonArc, where to get more help,
and its availability, may be obtained at <URL:http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/mhonarc.html>.
Copyright © 1997-1998, Earl Hood, firstname.lastname@example.org