There will be three assignments in this course.
- Assignment 1: worth 10%, due Wednesday, Feb. 9th, group
- Assignment 2: worth 10%, due Wednesday, March 23rd, group
- Assignment 3: worth 20%, due Tuesday, April 5th
Assignment 1The assignment is due on Wednesday, February 9th.
This assignment is a group assignment. You will pick your own groups of three people (note the change in plans). Please e-mail me your choice of group (all names and student numbers of members) by January 19th.
- assignment N.B. all pages should be double spaced!
- article from National Post, Aug. 4th, 2010, front page
- article from Metro, June 8th, 2010, page 20
- Along with your assignment, please hand in this work description as well.
The scanned articles will be posted Thursday morning at the latest. Any additional comments/clarifications on the assignment will also be posted here.
Assignment 2The assignment is due on March 23rd.
This assignment is a group assignment. You may pick your own groups of three people. You must e-mail me your choice of group, or a request to be placed in a group, no later than March 4th. I will respond to all e-mails with a confirmation. If you do not send me an e-mail by March 4th, you will lose 5% of your final grade on the assignment. This will increment by 5% each week that I do not hear from you. Note that you must send me an e-mail even if you are staying in the same group as for assignment one. All members of the group receive the same grade.
- article for Q1 from Metro, February 14th 2011, page 5
- data for Q2
- York form and UofT form for Q3
- Along with your assignment, please hand in this work description form as well. Note: the sheet says "Assignment 1" - this is just a typo - it's for Assignment 2.
This assignment is an individual assignment and is due on Wednesday, April 6th. It will be made up of three separate parts.
- media report
- data analysis with dataset (in minitab format)
- Also do the following homework questions: 7.69, 14.10ace, 14.28, 10.7, 10.52, 11.39, 11.70.