TEST AND EXAM INFO
The tests will be held on Fridays, are closed book and are worth 16% of your final grade. The tests will be written in two rooms, half the class will write in our regular classroom and half the class will write in Ross S205.
Test OneThe first test will be held on Friday, September 28th. The room assignments will be announced shortly, as will the exact coverage of the test.
- [Here] is an old test, and [here] is an old quiz. I will not be posting solutions to these. The answers to the test are 1(a) 0.0930, (b) 0.08576, (c) 0.08966, 2 191.87, 4. 10512.71 and 11,162.78 and q6 is directly from textbook.
- Coverage: Everything upto and including the lecture on Friday the 21st (upto and including perpetuity-immediate).
- Extra office hours: Thursday, September 27th in Ross N638 from 9-11am.
- Location: Students with last names starting with Aa-Pa will write in our regular lecture room. Students with last names starting with Pe-Zz will write in Ross S205. You must write in the room assigned to you.
Test TwoThe second test will be held on Friday, October 26th.
- Location: We still write in two rooms. Room assignments will be the same as for test one.
- Coverage: Everything from the beginning of the course until the end of Chapter 3, with emphasis on the material not covered on the first test (annuity-due forward). Note that the material in this test is considerably more difficult than the material in the first test, so prepare accordingly.
- Extra office hours: Wednesday, October 24th from 3-5pm in Ross N627.
- Here is an old test. Solutions will not be posted. Answers: 1(a) 149,084.32, 2. K=21.07, 3. 1/18, 5. 590.49.
- Formula sheet: This formula sheet will be attached to your test. Do not bring a copy with you.
The third test will be held on Friday, November 23rd.
- Location: We continue to write in two rooms, same as for the other two tests.
- Coverage: The focus will be on Chapters 3 and 4.
- Extra office hours: 9-10 am on Thursday the 22nd in Ross N627.
- Here is an old test, with slightly different coverage than for you... Answers: 1(a) 2668.45, (b) 458,808.55, (c) 4,734.44; 2 (i) 31,035.91 (ii) 28,352.66, 3 (a) 88.098, (b) 10.846, 4. i=0.02.
- Formula sheet: This formula sheet will be attached to your test. Do not bring a copy with you. Please check that all formulas are correct and let me know if you notice any typos!
The final exam has now been scheduled. Check with the Registrar for date, time, and location. You are expected to be familiar with senate regulations regarding final exams, the highlights of which you can find here. The exam will be three hours long and is worth 52% of your final grade.
- Coverage: all!
- Format: Most likely it'll be the same or similar to last years exam.
- Here is an old exam. I don't have a solutions set, so I'm not sure if I'll be posting answers for this one. Update: I found some partial answers: TRUE/FALSE: F/F/F/T/T, MC: D/D/B/B/E/D/A/C/B/D.
- Extra office hours: Wednesday, December 12th from 11am-1:30pm in Ross N638 (note the time change!).
- Formula sheet: The same formula sheet as for test three will be provided. Do not bring your own copy.