- [April 6] I'm in the middle of writing your final exam. Currently, there are 4 short answer questions (60 points), 10 T/F questions (30 points), and 10 multiple choice questions (60 points). This scheme may still change though.
- [March 29] Please note, my OFFICE HOURS for the remainder of the term are as follows: Monday March 29th 2-3pm, Tuesday March 30th 2-4pm, Wednesday March 31st, 2-3pm and Thursday, April 8th 1-3pm.
- [March 27] I've just posted some sample questions - I don't know if we'll get through all of them though!
- [March 14] Happy Pi Day! I just posted the next formula sheet (on the test and exam page). Please let me know if you see any typos (asap), or if you have any other comments.
- [March 12] I just found this. It's a review of calculator function for the BA II Plus by the Society of Actuaries. Personally, I find it confusing, but I thought that some of you may appreciate it more than I do.
- [March 3] After the in-class discussion, our second test has been moved to Monday, March 22nd.
- [Feb.26] My office hours on Monday, March 1st are cancelled.
- [Feb.10] I double checked about old AML accounts and old access cards. Turns out, as long as you are registered in the class (and have been at York without interruptions), both *should* still be active.
- [Feb.8] One of your classmates, Karen, has organized an online poll to help decide on the equations to choose. See link 1 and link 2 (she had to split the formulas into two polls).
- [Feb.8] GAUSS LAB LECTURE: By popular demand, I have booked
lab (South Ross 110) for Friday, February 26th from 12:30-1:20.
will be held there on that day, and please don't be late as we need to
start right away. If you are late you will miss the introduction, and
probably will have trouble catching up! In order to participate in this
lab, you will need two things:
- An access card: see instructions. Please read the instructions carefully. You will need to get a card from the William Small Centre and activate it online.
- An active AML account. You can activate your account via MAYA. For further information please see the AML FAQs. Please note that you can do this only if you are registered in the course! If you have both an account and an access card from a different course you do not need to obtain another.
- [Feb.8] I have posted some further information on our upcoming test. Please read over it carefully, and let me know if you have any questions.
- [Feb.5] I will not have regular office hours during reading week. Instead, I will have office hours on Friday, February 19th, 2-4pm.
- [Feb.5] The full solutions to the quiz have now been posted. If you have any regrading that you would like done, please hand in your request in writing no later than next Friday (12th).
- [Feb.3] I have posted 75% of the solutions this morning.
- [Jan.29] Actuary ranked as tob job - see story.
- [Jan.29] I just spoke with the bookstore - the BA II Plus is back in stock.
- [Jan.20] FYI - many of the annuity valuation calculations can be done using your financial calculator - see the TVM worksheets. My personal preference was never to use these though, but it is up to you. You just need to be very careful in how you set up your TVM worksheet. This might get easier once we do bonds (chapter 4).
- [Jan.19] I have added a few annuity questions to last night's homework.
- [Jan.15] I have posted some information on the first quiz - see the test page.
- [Jan.6] I double checked on the 4th edition of the Broverman text, and it should be in the Steacie reserves within the next few days. It was ordered, and has now arrived in the library system, but it'll be a few days until it makes it onto the shelves.