TEST AND EXAM INFO
The quiz (20 min, in class, worth 10%) will be held on Monday, January 25th. The first test (50 min, in class, worth 20%) will be held on Wednesday, February 24th. The second test (50 min, in class, worth 20%) is scheduled for Monday, March 22nd. The final exam (3 hours, worth 50%) will be scheduled by the Registrar.
The quiz will be 20 minutes long, and start at the beginning of the lecture.
- Last year, there were four questions on the quiz.
- The quiz is closed book, and only one of the permitted calculators is allowed.
- The TA will have extra office hours on Friday, January 22nd from 2-4pm in Ross N514.
- The quiz covers all material up to and including Section 126.96.36.199.
The test will be 50 minutes long, and start at the beginning of the lecture.
- Make sure to come early to class on this day so that you get your full 50 minutes!
- The test is closed book, and only one of the permitted calculators is allowed.
- The test will cover everything we've done up to and including Section 3.2.
- The TA will have extra office hours on Tuesday, February 23rd, from 2:30pm-4:30pm in Ross North 514.
- Here is the formula sheet which will be attached to your test. Please let me know if you notice any typos.
- Here is a histogram of the results for test one. You should have a look to see how you compare with the rest of the class.
The test will be 50 minutes long, and start at the beginning of the lecture. Please note that we have re-scheduled the test for Monday, March 22nd (by popular demand).
- Same rules as for test one apply!
- Here is the formula sheet for the test. Again, let me know about typos/comments asap (thanks). I've received (one!) request to add a formula to the aid sheet. Here is the modified version.
- The test will cover everything we've done up to and including Section 4.3.1, but will focus on the material covered in Chapters 3 and 4. That is, the questions will be Chapter 3 and 4 questions, but you still need to know how to work with interest rates and annuities (Chapters 1 and 2).
The final is 3 hours long. See here for date/time/location.
The following information is preliminary, and will be updated in the following week.
- The final will be made up of a T/F section, a multiple choice section, and a short answer section.
- You will be allowed to bring in ONE 5.5"x8.5" HAND-WRITTEN TWO-SIDED AID SHEET (this is the same as a one-sided 8.5"x11").
- You must use one of the specified calculators on the exam. We will check!
- OFFICE HOURS: I will have office hours on Monday March 29th 2-3pm, Tuesday March 30th 2-4pm, Wednesday March 31st, 2-3pm and Thursday, April 8th 1-3pm.