TEST AND EXAM INFO
Test One:The test will be written on Wednesday, February 6th at 3:30pm in CC106. It is worth 25% of your final grade. Coverage will include everything up to and including the lecture of January 30th. This short aid sheet will be provided for you.
Test Two:The test will be written on March 20th at 4:00pm in CC106. It is worth 25% of your final grade. Coverage will include everything from the statistical functionals (started on Jan.28th lecture) up to and including the lecture of March 11th.
- [solutions] (N.B. typo in second q: s/b int t^4 dt with final variance of 4/45.)
Final Exam:The final exam (plus comprehensive) will be held on Wednesday, April 17th from 9am-noon in HNE 032.
Some notes on expectations for the final exam.
- The difficulty level should be similar to that of the midterms.
- The coverage will be everything we have done in the course.
- Homework questions, or slight variations on the homework questions, will make a significant portion of the final, at least 40%.
- 20-30% of the final will be made of "essay" style questions of type "tell me about X", where X is the lasso and/or scad, kernel density esitmation, histograms. You would only be expected to cover material presented in the lectures/homework, and will not get bonus points for additional material. However, the quality of what you say will matter. I strongly suggest that you prepare/plan your answers ahead of time.
- 20-30% of the questions will then be new questions, but these will be of similar difficulty to the homework questions, and will also take time into account.