TEST AND EXAM INFO
- Date: Thursday, February 9th, 80 minutes
- Coverage: Upto and including the Feburary 2nd lecture and homework. The test will be similar to the homework questions and examples taken from class. Further details, if I come up with any, TBA.
- Extra office hours: Monday, February 6th at 2:30pm, my office
- Date: Thursday, March 23rd
- Coverage: Up to and including March 16th lecture, although excluding March 16th homework. The style will be similar to the previous test. I do like the compare and contrast questions, so make sure not to forget about the big picture!
- I have finished marking the test. I was generous with the last
question, and also added 5 bonus points, on account of noise. This may
give you a false sense for the final... However, if you have concerns
about my grading, let me know (for example, leave the test in my
the future, some pointers (or, how I would prepare, and what I would
- I would start by making point for notes for e.g. the LASSO, I would then organize them, and then try to put them to memory for the test (by this point in time, it should be small things to memorize)
- You can write in point form, long sentences and preambles seem nice, but are not necessary.
- I will expect more from you on the final.
- Date: Tuesday, April 18th at 10am. We will write in HNE 104. Regular time is 3 hours, but those with comps might get extra time (upto 4 hours).
- Do prepare for compare and contrast questions, including questions like the "tell me about the lasso" from last class. I expect something more thorough this time. Better planned, as well. Point form is fine, but organization will count too!
- Extra office hours:
- Thursday, April 13th at 1pm
- Monday, April 17th at 1pm