- [Jan. 4] Welcome to the course website!
- [Jan. 8] As promised, I have put in a request to run an informal tutorial on Mondays from 5-7pm. This will be a time when you can work through the problem sets, while getting hints from me. It will work best if you have already made a significant attempt at the questions. It is now Thursday early afternoon, and I have not heard back about the room booking. Please check back to this site, as I will post as soon as I get any info.
- [Jan. 10] I still have not heard back regarding the room booking. I remain hopeful that I will hear back on Monday, before 5pm. Check back here for any updates!
- [Jan. 12] Still have not heard back (it's almost 1pm now), but I have a fall back location (actually - 2 rooms - close to each other so that I can run back and forth...). I will still try to get something better, but otherwise, I will post the "final" location for tonight only at 3pm.
- [Jan. 12] We have a room. Unfortunately, we were not able to get the room starting at 5pm - we have it only from 5:30pm, so we will lose the half hour this week. We will be in SSB S124. See you then!
- [Jan. 18] From now on we will be in ACW302 from 5-7pm on Mondays. I will probably need to leave a few minutes earlier than last time though to get set up properly.
- [Jan. 28] The assignment has now been posted. I am still looking for a room for the test.
- [Feb. 9] Sorry for the late notice, but we finally have a room for our test. Please see the test info page.
- [Feb.25] Here are the unofficial results for the first test.
- [March 11] In the event that classes resume next Monday, we will *not* be holding a test that day. The test will be re-scheduled.
- [March 12] I have been getting a lot of questions about what will
happen when we get back to classes. I have made two very tentative
schedules, based on various scenarios, and we will
discuss this again on the first day back to class. Please note that this is just a guess, as I
have no idea what I will/will not be allowed to do, or what the revised
term length will be. When the strike started, we had still 4 weeks of
lectures left to complete. The potential schedules below count
based on weeks after
- Version 1: 4 weeks of lectures, or 3 weeks of lectures left plus
permission for one additional lecture:
- Week 1: lecture
- Week 2: lecture
- Week 3: test 2
- Week 4: lecture
- Version 2: 3 weeks of lectures
- Week 1: lecture
- Week 2: test 2
- Week 3: lecture
- Version 1: 4 weeks of lectures, or 3 weeks of lectures left plus permission for one additional lecture:
- [March 12] If you are interested in reading ahead, we will be covering Chapter 5 of the textbook next.
- [April 10] For those of you in math, the tests have been returned to your mailboxes. Otherwise, the tests have been sent over to Schulich, and should hopefully appear in student pick-up area in SSB N204A within the week.
- [April 13] Extra office hours before the final exam will be held on Friday, April 17th at 11:30am and on Tuesday, April 21st at 4pm. We will meet in Ross N638 both times.
- [April 15] N.B. Regarding test pick-up: the tests will be available in SSB N204A, but you need to ask at the desk for them - turns out they cannot be left out in the open for you.