Saeed Ghasemi's Homepage
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Institute of Mathematics CAS
115 67 Praha 1
I am currently a postdoc at the Institute of Mathematics of the Czech Academy of Sciences .
I received my Ph.D. degree at York University under supervision of professor Ilijas Farah.
- - I am interested in Set Theory and Operator Algebras.
- - Applying methods from Set Theory and Model Theory in the context of C*-algebras.
- - Generalizing the properties of Topological spaces to their non-commutative analoges (C*-algebras).
Publications and Preprints
- (Joint work with Piotr Koszmider) , A non-stable C*-algebra with an elementary essential composition series, preprint.
- (Joint work with Piotr Koszmider) , An extension of compact operators by compact operators with no nontrivial multipliers. preprint
- (Joint work with Piotr Koszmider) , Non-commutative Cantor-Bendixson derivatives and scattered C*-algebras, Topology and it's Applications, to appear.
- Reduced products of metric structures: a metric Feferman-Vaught theorem , Journal of Symbolic Logic, Volume 81, Issue 3, pp. 856-875, 2016.
- Isomorphisms of quotients of FDD-algebras , Israel Journal of Mathematics Volume 209, Issue 2, pp 825-854, 2015.
- SAW*-algebras are essentially non-factorizable, Glasgow Mathematical Journal, 57, pp 1-5, 2015.
- I have been assisting and tutoring various undergraduate mathematics courses at the department of mathematics at York University.