Back to Tom Salisbury's Home Page
MATH 3010 3.00AF (Fall 2015)
Vector Integral Calculus
Announcements and documents will be posted here as they
- Information about final exam scores and final grades can be found on
the assignments page.
- Assignment 5 can be picked up from my office. Anyone who wants to
look over their final exam is welcome to do so in my office, though you
can't take them away. My office hours are Mon 12-1 and Wed 11-12.
- The course met MWF 10:30-11:20 in TEL 0005
- Text: Multivariable Mathematics
by T. Shifrin; Wiley (2005).
I will try to announce what is coming up, so you can read ahead if you wish.
- We'll start by reviewing basic notation for vector functions and their
derivatives, but we'll do this in n dimensions. In other words, the
beginning of the course goes quickly
through chapters 1-3, emphasizing topics (eg the chain rule) where the
higher dimensional setting plays an important role.
Documents and links
- Course outline
- Topics page.
I'll do most examples and proofs at the blackboard, but will use the classroom
data camera to summarize topics covered. I'll scan and post those summaries
The following are on reserve in Steacie library:
- Multivariable Mathematics
by T. Shifrin; Wiley (2005). This is the course textbook
- Vector Calculus by J. Marsden and A. Tromba; Freeman (2012).
This is a source of alternative examples and explanations.