Back to Tom Salisbury's Home Page
MATH 6280 3.00AF (Fall 2011)
Announcements and documents will be posted here as they
- Here are solutions
to the final exam.
I will be out of the country in January, but people who want to
see their exams can drop by in February to do so.
- With a few exceptions, the final exam was not done as well as I
expected. Out of 120, the scores were 116, 93, 77, 67, 52, 52, 46, 37.
Documents and links
The following are on 1 day reserve in Steacie library.
- The text (ie Royden and Fitzpatrick).
- Halmos: Measure Theory. An old book, but for many years the
- Taylor: An introduction to measure and probability.
Does measure theory, but using probability notation.
- Evans and Gariepy: Measure theory and fine properties of functions.
Goes deeper into the "real analysis" parts of measure theory than our text
does. Eg, it covers Hausdorff measures.